Saturday, February 20, 2010

Could you volunteer to help Haiti this summer?


This summer I plan to set time aside and volunteer my efforts in Haiti. I would love for you to accompany me. All of you who know me well know that I am "ubber Haitian". You also know that I enjoy helping people. Above all, I live for helping young people. I was introduced to the chance to work as a volunteer in Haiti this summer. What a wonderful way for us to service others.
I would love for you take this journey with me. If you follow the attached link you'll learn more. This is a school which was founded by my uncle, Gerard Delerme, in 1963. My father, Antoine Delerme worked at this school as a Math and Science professor. Its a well known school amongst the educated in Haiti's Port au Prince area. You do not need to be Haitian in order to help out. 

As a volunteer you would give of yourself in whichever capacity. From giving out food, to recreational play with the children, to feeding babies, to talking with young men and women, teenagers. You don't need a degree or a title to help. Our people (whether you are Haitian or non-Haitian) need human contact with others in order to know that they are not alone. The cost of the trip is the cost of the airline ticket.

As a volunteer you would sleep in your own tent on the compounds of the well fenced in property. We would sleep on the grounds of either Frer Polycarpe or on my cousins property which is located near the 3 acre big school. Both the Dominican and the Haitian Association of Film Makers are on the grounds helping. These men and women come from all over the Caribbean to volunteer. Would you join me in lending a helping hand?

With Haiti being the inventor of liberty for all black nations your helping hand today will secure the legacy of her founding Fathers intended for her existing children. Together, we can rebuild our parents country one brick at a time. Please repost this information to all and anyone you think would be interested.  This is a great opportunity for all including seniors in high school and college students. http://www.facebook.com/l/04a52;thehaaf.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

"2 SE", Raynald Delerme's new movie Playing this Saturday Feb 19.

Click on play to watch promo

More about HAITIAN CINEMA

About us

My photo
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
PVS Canal 16 started airing in 1990. It is the first on-air private television station licensed to operate in Haïti. Its programming has largely been based on Haitian culture and Haitian cinema promotion.